Rain or Shine
Friday, November 21, 2014
Starting at 6:00 p.m.
Historic Downtown Parkville
Our 22nd annual holiday celebration is sure to create lasting memories for everyone in the family. Join us for live entertainment including Park Hill School District children’s choir, fun things to see and do, delicious dining and treats, plus our famous holiday fireworks.
Admission is free
Schedule of events
- 6:00 – 11:00 p.m. – Shuttle Service from Park University and the Platte County Community Center South / YMCA
- 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. – Children’s Christmas Activity Village
- 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. – Santa House Open for Wishes!
- 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. – Main Stage Entertainment. Greetings from Santa Claus and Holiday Joy plus songsters, prancers, music makers and merriment for all!
- 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. – Hayrides in English Landing Park. Sponsored by Edward Jones, Mike Emmick
- 8:30 p.m. – Fireworks
Main Stage Entertainment Schedule
- 6:00 pm – Platte County Sheriff Department Color Guard, Janae Hammond sings “National Anthem”
- 6:10 pm – School of Rock
- 6:25 pm – Creative Arts Academy
- 6:30 pm – Gardner Edgerton High School Dickens Carolers
- 6:35 pm – Ibsen Dance Theatre
- 6:45 pm – Gardner Edgerton High School Dickens Carolers
- 6:50 pm – Revolutions Art Center
- 7:00 pm – Gardner Edgerton High School Dickens Carolers
- 7:05 pm – School of Rock
- 7:10 pm – Park Hill South High School Dance Team
- 7:15 pm – Bill Grigsby Lifetime Achievement Award
- 7:20 pm – Ibsen Ballet Theatre Youth Company
- 7:25 pm – School of Rock
- 7:40 pm – Park University
- 7:45 pm – Frank Cherrito sings “Rockin Around the Christmas Tree”, Janae Hammond sings “Christmas Come to Town”, Santa “Welcomes Everyone to Parkville”
- 8:10 pm – Park Hill School District 1,000 Voice Children’s Choir
- 8:30 pm – Fireworks
Please note: Events and times are subject to change.
Due to the fireworks and safety reasons the boat ramp and Platte Landing Park will be closed to the public on Friday, November 21 starting at noon and will reopen Saturday, November 22.
Harvesters Collection Site
Main Street Parkville Association is partnering with Harvesters – The Community Food Network to collect non-perishable food items to support the Food Bank’s program to feed the hungry in our community. Bring your canned good donations to this event. Collection barrels will be available. Help Main Street Parkville and Harvesters’ help our friends and neighbors who are so dependent upon these donations to feed their children.
Main Street Parkville Association (PCDC, 501c3) wishes to recognize those who have made our festival possible through their generous contributions of time, talent, services and funding. Thank you! Without you, we couldn’t have done it.
Christmas on the River Sponsors:
Berry-Sousa Family Dentistry
Mosaic Life Care at Parkville Commons
Northland Lifestyle Magazine
Olde Mill Emporium Banquet Facility
Platte Valley Bank
Steel Beam Services, Inc.
Tom and Winnie Hutsler
Hosted by Main Street Parkville Association an operating division of Parkville Community Development Corporation – 501©3, with special thanks to Park University and English Landing Center.